There are many good reasons to become a PSWC member.
Here are just a few:
We offer pastel painting workshops through several agreements with art centers around the country, as well as virtual workshops and demonstrations v ia Zoom. Some of the finest artists in the world have taught workshops for PSWC.
We offer two competitions per year thru ShowSubmit.com. The Members Only Online Show (MOOS) allows members to submit and show their work in an online format—no framing or shipping! Our largest and longest established show is Pastels USA which is usually held in a museum or high-end art center or gallery. This highly competitive exhibition is the crown jewel of our events and acceptance into the show is considered an honor.
We have openings for Regional Representatives who organize volunteers to help with paint outs/ins, for writers to write articles for the PSWC Magazine and even some Board positions! We are also opened to creating new positions as need requires. Let us know if you have an idea!
Letters of Distinction
We offer a comprehensive program of status levels designed to encourage and inspire artistic growth and reward talent and hard work.
~It should also be noted that any member receiving any status distinction must be a member in good standing with membership continuous since joining society and dues paid and current.
Signature Member (PSWC)
There are two ways to achieve Signature status:
- Member receives award in Membership show, and
- Member receives acceptance into two Pastel USA shows or
- Member is accepted into three Pastel USA shows
Once the Signature status is earned, member may use the letters PSWC after his/her name.
Distinguished Pastelist (PSWC-DP)
- Member has achieved signature statusin PSWC
- Member receives awards in three Pastel USA shows in five consecutive years.
- Member may use the letters PSWC-DP after his/her name
Elite Pastelist (PSWC-EP) NEW STATUS
- Member has achieved Distinguish Pastelist status in PSWC
- Member receives additional awards (separate from DP) in three Pastel USA shows in five consecutive years
- Member may use the letters PSWC – EP after his/her name
- Pastel Laureate is determined by the PSWC Board based on protocol for this award as outlined in the PSWC By-Laws
- Member has achieved Elite Pastelist status
- Member receives additional awards (separate from EP) in four Pastel USA shows
- Member has taught the art of pastels for a minimum of five years
- Member has published a book or has been included in a publication of merit related to pastels and pastel art
- Member has made significant and lasting contribution to the art of pastel painting
- Member may use the PSWC – PL after his/her name
Member Art Gallery
Each member has their own personal gallery to display current work or award winning art via the Membership Directory page! You are also able to post your website on the page to help further promote your art.
- SOCIAL MEDIA- PSWC has an active presence on Facebook and Instagram. We also send out at least 2 e-Blasts per month through Constant contact. These are all opportunities to show and comment on your art.
- PRINT MEDIA- The PSWC Magazine is offered free in digital version to all members and printed copies may be purchased. The Magazine is published 3-4 times per year. Each issue features artist interviews, news about the society and its members, art tips, and other news pertinent to the pastelist. Every member receives a complimentary printed copy of the Magazine issue featuring the PASTELS USA Catalogue.
- IAPS MEMBERSHIP- You will become a member of IAPS and be able to enter their web shows and exhibitions including the convention show.
- REGIONAL REPRESENTATIVES PROGRAM – Members are invited to attend regional events which may include paint outs/ins, critiques, studio visits, etc.
- ART SCHOLARSHIP- PSWC sponsors an Art Scholarship to be awarded to a current year graduating Senior in high school, Junior College or up to a Junior in a four year college or art school who is interested in the further study of art, and art as a career.