PASTEL SOCIETY of the WEST COAST
2019 ONLINE MEMBERSHIP SHOW
JUDGING FOR THIS SHOW WILL COVER TWO SEPARATE CATEGORIES
General Membership & Signature/Distinguished Pastelist
DRY PASTEL ONLY
$3,500. in awards, including BEST OF SHOW AWARDS for $750 in each category.
You can enter with the link below:
This online membership show is so exciting because you can enter your best work without the expense of framing and shipping. Plus, General members can earn one point toward Signature Status by receiving a place award. Accepted artists will be showcased on our website: www.pswc.ws as well as our fabulous publication The PSWC Magazine on our website and in a hard copy for purchase. The Award winners’ paintings will be shown on PSWC’s Facebook page and an E-blast will announce the Award winners and accepted paintings to all PSWC members. There will be a higher probability of acceptance because this Online Show will not have the accepted number of paintings limitations dictated by wall space for a gallery show.
Judging: Our Acceptance Juror and Judge of Awards is TERRI FORD
This Online Show for members only has 2 categories for acceptance and judging. General members will be judged separately from the Signature/DP members.
Acceptance and Awards in TWO CATEGORIES:
General Membership Signature/Distinguished Pastelist
• Best of Show Award • Best of Show Award
• First Place Award • First Place Award
• Second Place Award • Second Place Award
• Third Place Award • Third Place Award
• Honorable Mention* • Honorable Mention*
*Honorable Mention is not considered a Place Award.
Awards are about 40% cash prizes and the rest are merchandise items and gift certificates.
Sales: Paintings do not need to be FOR SALE to be entered in this Online Show.
Calendar of Events:
Open for entries: October l, 2018 at http://www.showsubmit.com/sd_pswcmem19.php
Deadline: February 3, 2019
Notifications Sent on or after February 15, 2019
The PSWC Online Membership Show will be shown on our website and on our Facebook page: February 16 through March 16, 2019
OPEN TO ALL CURRENT PAID MEMBERS OVER THE AGE OF 18 years old. DUES FOR 2019
MUST BE PAID BY THE DEADLINE –February 3, 2019, IN ORDER FOR ENTRIES TO BE JUDGED. It’s easy to become a member by going to http://www.pswc.ws and clicking on Membership Info at the top of the home page.
DRY PASTELS ONLY! 80% of the piece entered must be dry pastels. Composition of work may NOT be taken from published work such as photos from magazines or professional photographer’s prints or digital images from friend’s resource or prints of other artists. If photo reference is used it must be from your own photos. PSWC does not condone the use of optical projection. Student or workshop work produced under supervision is NOT eligible. PAINTING MUST BE DONE WITHIN THE LAST 3 YEARS. Work may NOT HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED in any previous PSWC exhibit.
Fees: Jury Fees are Nonrefundable
You can send in A TOTAL OF 5 IMAGES at $10 each. You can pay online with a VALID credit card or through a PAYPAL account. ENTRY FEES MUST BE PAID BY THE ENTRY DEADLINE. Over-payment of any fee will be considered a donation to PSWC’s 1-YEAR SCHOLARSHIP FUND and will not be returned.
ONLY 1 (ONE) PAINTING PER ARTIST WILL BE ACCEPTED INTO THE EXHIBITION
Membership Status for PSWC:
General Members: Members who have kept up theirs annual fee are paid up members to PSWC. Signature Status Qualification:
Signature Members: Signature status is awarded for acceptance into
3 Pastels USA Exhibits, or
2 Pastels USA’s and 1 Place Award (Best of Show, 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place) in the Membership Show.
ALL ACCEPTED WORKS and AWARD WINNERS will be displayed on the PSWC WEBSITE:
https://www.pswc.ws and on our PSWC Facebook page and PSWC’s E-blast to all members.
Failure to meet any of the requirements for eligibility will result in the work not being juried. Work that is considered offensive by PSWC standards will not be accepted.
ENTRY INTO THIS EXHIBIT CONSTITUTES AGREEMENT WITH AND ACCEPTANCE OF
ALL STATED RULES AND PROVISIONS.
Download the Show Prospectus here. PSWC_MembershipShow2019
Entering Your Images:
Please follow the instructions carefully regarding the preparation of your images. You may also need to have and use image software once you have transferred your images from your camera to the computer. If you do not have those capabilities there may be local resources in your area that can do this for you such as copy/print shops where they work with computers that make copies, folders, flyers, banners and etc.
1. Set your camera for a very high quality image that is not less than 300 dpi. This will be a large file size. Make sure your camera is square, with the painting when you shoot, so that the image is not skewed or distorted. Use of a tripod is suggested. You may make adjustments, but only as needed to make the image look more like your painting.
2. Crop the image. No mat, frame or extraneous material should appear other than the painting. Now make a copy of this image (SAVE AS). Keep the original for your own records.
3. See the image preparation tutorials found at http://www.showsubmit.com/photoprep.htm
4. Resize the copy image with a resolution of 300 dpi to a length of 900 pixels on the longest side. Change the resolution first, then the pixel dimensions.
5. Save this copy now with a new filename, as follows: Lastname_firstinitial_paintingtitle. You may have to alter the title as it appears in the filename of the image file only. For example if your name is Jane Doe and your painting is titled Early Sunday Morning, the filename you would give to the digital image is: Doe_J_EarlySundayMoming.jpg. But during the entry process, you would type in the actual Title of the painting as Early Sunday Morning when asked for the Title, Price, Size, etc.
6. Save the image as a high quality jpg. (Use the “Save As” function to select jpg and the highest quality.) The image title will now end with .jpg for example: Doe_J_EarlySundayMorning.jpg
7. Images not meeting the requirements may be disqualified. If your software does not give you the necessary options to prepare your images as specified, consider buying Adobe Photoshop Elements (under $100) or get someone who has the proper software to help you.
Prepare your images using the specifications BEFORE you start the entry process!
For further guidance in preparing the images of your paintings, we suggest the following page:
www.showsubmit.com/photoprep.htm for tips and tutorials